CVS applicant
DBS Application - Rules
Information provided by you on your Disclosure Application Form must be supported by documents. The number and type of documents required are outlined below.
Please make sure that you have the required documents to hand before you proceed.
  • You must provide a minimum of three documents.
  • If you have a document in Group 1 you must provide it and two more documents from any group
  • If you do not have a document in Group 1 you must provide one document from Group 2a and two more documents from either group 2a or group 2b
  • At least one document must confirm your current address (as given in the Personal Details section)
If you cannot provide these documents, you will need to be sent to the Police for fingerprinting which may delay your application.
Group 1 - Primary Trusted Identity Credentials
  • Current valid Passport
  • Biometric Residence Permit (UK)
  • UK (except Northern Ireland) or Guernsey Photo Driving Licence (photo card required)
  • Northern Ireland, Jersey, or Isle of Man Driving Licence
  • EU (other than UK) Photo Driving Licence
  • Original Birth Certificate (UK & Channel Islands only) - issued within 12 months of birth, including those issued by UK authorities overseas, such as Embassies, High Commissions and HM Forces (full or short form acceptable)
  • Adoption Certificate (UK & Channel Islands only)
Group 2a - Trusted Government/State Issued Documents
  • Non UK Current Photocard Driving Licence - All Countries outside the EU
  • Current GB or Guernsey Non-Photo Driving Licence (old paper style)
  • Non-original Birth Certificate (UK & Channel Islands only) issued after 12 month of birth (photocopies not accepted)
  • Marriage / Civil Partnership Certificate (UK & Channel Islands only)
  • HM Forces ID card (UK)
  • UK Firearms Licence (UK, Channel Islands & Isle of Man only)
Group 2b - Financial/Social History Documents
  • Mortgage statement (UK or EU or EEA only)
  • Bank or Building Society statement (UK, Channel Islands, EU or EEA only)
  • Bank or Building Society Account opening confirmation letter (UK only)
  • Credit card statement (UK or EU or EEA only)
  • Financial statement - e.g. pension, endowment, ISA - (UK only)
  • P45/P60 statement (UK & Channel Islands)
  • Council Tax statement (UK & Channel Islands)
  • UK work permit / UK visa
  • Letter of Sponsorship from future employment provider (only if you reside outside of the UK and EEA)
  • Utility Bill (UK) : electricity, gas, water, fixed telephone, … but NOT mobile telephone bill
  • Benefit Statement e.g. Child Allowance, Pension (UK)
  • A document from Central/ Local Government/ Government Agency/ Local Authority giving entitlement (UK & Channel Islands)
    e.g. from the Department for Work and Pensions, the Employment Service , Customs & Revenue, Job Centre, Job Centre Plus, Social Security
  • EU National Identity Card
  • Cards carrying the PASS accreditation logo (UK & Channel Islands)
  • Letter from a Head Teacher or College Principal (only if you are 16 to 19 and in full time education)
Documentation should be less than three months old
Issued within the past 12 months